Asus launched last week two new Ultra Slim GPS PDA, the Asus A686 and the Asus A696. It appears that the company will no longer be using the MyPal name, although while digging for information about these new units I found a .pdf product sheet that refers to these two as MyPal A686 and MyPal A696. Nonetheless, Asus has created two good looking, encased in stainless steel PDAs that despite the fact that they are super slim (just 1.57cm) the offer GPS functionality. One major improvement over the previous MyPals as far as it concerns the looks of the device is that they have removed the protruding antenna.
Features and Specifications
- Processor: Intel XScale 312MHz (A686), Intel XScale 416MHz (A696)
- Operating System: Microsoft Mobile 5.0
- Memory: 128MB Flash ROM, 64MB SDRAM (A686), 256MB Flash ROM, 128MB SDRAM (A696)
- Screen: 3.5-inch 240 x 320 anti-glare touch screen
- GPS Module: SiRF Star III chipset
- Expansion Slot: SD Slot
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 b+g) (According to the pdf above only for the A696), Bluetooth 2.0 (EDR), IrDA, USB 1.1
- Battery: 1200mAh removable/ rechargeable batter
- Dimensions: 11.7 x 7.08 x 1.57cm
- Weight: 165gr
- Audio: Integrated microphone and speakers, full duplex recording and playback
No pricing details are available at this time.