Earlier this month Pioneer has announced the AVIC-X1BT SatNav Systemwhich features Bluetooth and iPod connectivity. The bluetooth connectivity allows users to leave their bluetooth enabled mobile handset anywhere in the car and control it via the touch-panel display of a standard keypad. Memory dialling and full phone book access are also supported. Some of the other key features of the AVIC-X1BT include:
- Map Coverage for 26 European countries
- Advanced search, (re-)routing and guidance functions
- 6 view modes (incl. Driver’s View and Vehicle Dynamics Mode)
- Built-in RDS-TMC tuner for real-time traffic re-routing
- DVD-Video/CD/CD-R/CD-RW/MP3 playback
- Fully motorised touch panel display
The AVIC-X1BT is expected to start shipping this month.